Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mommy does Yoga

I have been talking about it for a while but today, being the productive girl that I am, I attended my first Mommy-to-be Yoga class.

I left feeling refreshed and relaxed. I used to love doing yoga but it became one of those things that got lost in the shuffle of a hectic life. But this forced me to be still, quiet, and to focus on the baby inside of me, not the one yelling, "Sit Mommy," every few minutes.

However, things have changed a bit since striking a yoga pose pre-baby.

1. My constant need to urinate through the hour-long class.
2. The instructor telling us to "press on our ovary with our heel" as we bent forward. I'm not sure where my ovary is and not exactly sure I want my foot pressing into it.
3. The feeling that at any moment I was going to pass gas.
4. Looking around the room and realizing that the lady with twins on the way is in much better shape than me.
5. Staring at my three, large, round objects in the mirror for the entire time.

I went out after class and bought myself a yoga mat. I kept thinking about getting MRSA from those nasty things so I had a hard time "letting go" during relaxation time. I can't wait to head back next week (with a new, clean mat).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails