Monday, April 5, 2010

'Twas the night before Easter

Twas the night before Easter and Mommy was tired. Baskets had to be stuffed, baked goods to be made, and crafts lay waiting on the kitchen counter. Our house was a flurry of activity.

I had somehow convinced myself that I was Martha Stewart and would all of a sudden become crafty.

Riley's basket was pretty simple, filled with a spring cup and plate, finger paints and necklace/bracelet (see below), a few eggs and lollipops, and of course, the almighty cookie. Riley was insistent that the Easter Bunny bring her "TWO COOKIES." Nilla Wafers, her favorite, were stuffed inside some Elmo eggs.I also made the "Easter" cake that I remember my Mom making us back in the day. Green-colored coconut topped a white cake and frosting. I also added some jelly beans as "eggs" and a few Peeps for good measure. Those sugary little guys are also Dan and Riley's favorite sugary treat. I got the idea for the edible finger paints and the edible jelly bean bracelets from a much craftier lady than me and her awesome blog ---
At last -- it was time to go to bed - and start the Easter madness in the morning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails