Thursday, February 18, 2010

The headache of all headaches

This afternoon, it happened. I had the WORST migraine I have ever had. I'm not sure what it feels like when you have an aneurysm, but I believe I got pretty close. I blame two things: Pregnancy hormones and Riley's screaming. Evidently she may be auditioning for the opera pretty soon and is perfecting her craft.

So, there I am, laying in my dark bedroom as Riley naps in the other room. Sitting beside me, some remnants of my half-eaten brownie and a can of coke - of which I took a sip out of when I took one Tylenol. The bag of Tylenol is laying next to the can. I have a wet washcloth over my eyes and as I ponder my near death, my heart starts beating out of my chest.

It's sort of like when your Mom tells you to wear clean underwear in case the firemen have to cut you out of your cars and clothes after an accident.

So - there I am, laying in my coke/brownie ruins and all I could think about was if the firemen show up, they would find a fat, pregnant lady, next to her snacks and Tylenol. Seriously, I couldn't even rest despite the pounding in my brain. I had to get up and clean up my mess before I continued with my nap. Does it get any more neurotic than that?

PS. Headache is gone and my hypochondria lives on!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails