Friday, February 5, 2010

The Big 3-0 (and a special announcement)

The day has come and went. My thritieth birthday was surprisingly the same as any other day except for a big difference: We found out that Baby 2 will be a healthy girl! We are so excited. Dan keeps mumbling something about paying for two weddings, but is ecsatic to have another Daddy's girl arond the house. During the ultrasound, OBGYN extraoidinarie cmmented to Dan, "You are going to be outnumbred." After I reminded him of Murphy, he replied, "He doesn't count, he is a coward." Very true.

So, to commemerate my thirtieth birthday, I will compile my 30 Highs and Lows of the past few days. In no particular order....

  1. The fantastic voyage on the "Majesty of the Seas." It was an awesome time spent with the best of friends, eating lots of food, laughing till you peed your pants, dancing while remembring to "watch it", and singing karaoke because that's what you do on a cruise.
  2. Baby 2 has finally started making some noticeable movements.
  3. Riley has successfully pooped and peed on the potty.
  4. I have been feeling better - managing to stay on top of the housework more now and even managed to cook some dinners.
  5. I bought some new maternity clothes.
  6. Was told by the Motherhood Maternity clerk that they didn't carry bras in my size and that I would have to special order them online or go to Lane Bryant.
  7. Realized that I have no fashion sense what-so-ever.
  8. I have come to terms with that.
  9. I thank God every day that my Mom and brother do and can be my personal shoppers.
  10. Realized that even at 30 - you still you need your Mom and Dad as much as you did when you were a child.
  11. Turned in a big portion of my research paper before we embarked on our fantastic birthday cruise.
  12. Have been thinking about enrolling Riley into a tot-tumbling class.
  13. Have been thinking about enrolling myself into a Mommy to-be Yoga class.
  14. Scheduled a pre-natal massage for Saturday.
  15. Had a massive breakdown on our fantastic voyage about my baby acne.
  16. My best friend, Melissa saved the day.
  17. Discovered some new make-up from Lancome.
  18. Went to lancome only to find the Dior lady. She looked at my face and kept repeating, "You poor thing."
  19. I ordered my own birthday cake because I knew Dan would be too busy.
  20. I thought it was hilarious (and so did the Publix bakery man). It felt good to not be embarrassed and even a little bit liberated.
  21. Ate, said birthday cake, for dessert last night and breakfast this morning, washed down with a big glass of milk.
  22. Have been enjoying mini-chocolate donuts lately. They are the devil.
  23. Found out that Dan's friends from college are also expecting their second girl on the same day!
  24. Got lots of great phone calls, emails, texts, and facebook messages wishing me a happy birthday. That never gets old.
  25. Discovered a new gray hair.
  26. Breakfast with my best bud.
  27. Dinner with friends and family.
  28. Josh dancing to a karaoke version of "Shout" as he was "taken over by Jesus."
  29. The fact that Melissa got it all on video.
  30. The funniest person I know: My brother, Kyle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post!!! You crack me up. I love you, Happy Birthday and your face is FINE...oh and Kyle is the funniest person I know too (BUT Josh is the BEST dancer)!

Melis xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails