Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Three: A Birthday Letter

I am bouncing back into the blogging world with a birthday letter (albeit a bit late) for the three year old in the house, Ms. Riley Belle.
Dear Riley,
You are quite possibly, the funniest, cutest, silliest, and smartest girl I know. Your Dad calls you "MJ" aka Mini Jamie, and I know why - you are definitely a mini-me. From your mannerisms, sighs, and expressions, you have me pegged, girl, and I don't mind it one bit. This year, you have flourished as a big sister. You take care of Reese, you squeeze her, love her, and are concerned when she's upset. While you still don't like to eat much and would rather have Chik-Fil-A, milkshakes, and breakfast foods any day over the usual stuff, you are a little lady with strong opinions. You love your "flower dress" and refuse lately anything that resembles a hair accessory. You prefer your long mane to be long, and well, flowing like a "princess."
Riley - I don't think words could ever express the sunshine you bring into our life each and every day. I could tell stories about your adventures all day long and I am so glad to share in those adventures with you. You are my big girl, and as you say, "You are my big girl too, Momma." I love your laugh, the way you love us, and the way you love sticks and leaves. You have surprised me this past year with your incredible wit and knowledge about things, places, and animals. You are eager to learn and eager to show us what you can do. You can swim like a fish but you prefer to "tweet, tweet."
Your Dad, Reese, and I love you and your incredible spunk. We are better people because you are in our lives. We love you to the moon and back, baby bird.
Love,
Momma Bird and Daddy Bird

2 comments:

Monica said...

What a sweet birthday letter. Riley is so beautiful with that long hair. She is also the spitting image of her mama. We hope to see her soon and meet her little sis.

Mommy K said...

I just read this--doing my usual catching up on your blog. This is so sweet it brought tears to my eyes You're a great mom, Jamie. Love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails