Thursday, May 7, 2009

Singing in Public

If you ask anyone I know, they will tell you that I like to sing. I don't sing well by any means, but it gives me great pleasure to belt out a tune. I find it equally as delightful when I am in public. Friends will insist that I do this to annoy them, but I really do just like show tunes...

So it comes as no surprise when I tell you that I love to sing to Riley in public. Most recently, I have decided to do it at the grocery store. It goes a little something like this.....

I have to get eggs.....picking up the egggggsssss.....are any of them broken?????? Yeahhhh......
Standing in line.........lane number seven......loading our groceries.......waiting in line........

Now, I think that Riley really enjoys my little ditties, and I have to admit it makes the mundane tasks a little more enjoyable and speedy. But, it was a big shock to my system when I realized that other people were taking notice of my tunes.

I overheard one little girl say to her Dad, "Why is that lady singing?"
To which he replied, "She is singing to her little girl."
Little girl says, "Is she going to stop?"

I would like to apologize in advance if any of you see me in the store, or anywhere in public for that matter belting one out. Trust me, you'd rather have me singing than dancing in public, that's a whole other embarrassment.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails