Saturday, April 3, 2010

An outdoors kind of girl

I'm not one of these. Ask anyone I know. My science teacher in college used to call me "nature girl" in a teasing fashion as we schlepped through the SWFL swamps - me in my skirt and wedge sandals.

So it may come as a surprise to some that the past couple of days have been filled with outdoor activities for our little family.
On Good Friday, Dan had the day off and we more than happy to have him with us all weekend! We started the day off with some friends at a local beach. Riley looked so sweet in her polka dot bathing suit, slathered down in 50 SPF sunblock with a too-small hat.
She loved playing in the sand, hanging out in the "too cold' water, and tagging along with the big kids. I even put on a bathing suit, but rarely ventured out from under the protection of my umbrella. Dan entertained the kids and even a few strays along the way getting them to buy into the idea that digging a big hole was the best idea ever.

On Saturday morning, despite a low-fever for Riley, she was in great spirits. We decided to continue with our plans to ride our bikes to a local u-pick. The air, cool and crisp, was perfect as we rode down the street. I even managed to catch Dan with Riley in tow in front of me with my camera phone. She was given a small basket while we had a larger one and we set to locate the reddest strawberries we could find. She even managed to sneak a few in her mouth. "Mmmm, good strawberry," she would say.

We returned home to wash our treasures and to begin the process of egg dying, which is a whole other story....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails