Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Counting

I remember my Mom and Dad were surprised that I had friends as a child. I was (and still am) so bossy. I'm afraid Ms. Riley is the same way. I would hold "school" in the backyard for neighborhood kids complete with a chalkboard and packets of homework sent home for them to finish and return with a parent signature. Evidently I thought Florida had a lack-luster educational program at a young age.

I recently painted the pantry door with chalkboard paint so I had space for my to-do and grocery lists while Riley had space to "draw circles" as she says.

The other morning, and of course, clad only in a diaper, I caught her holding her own little school session. She enjoys counting and can be heard repeating, "1, 2, 3.." throughout the day. I just hope she doesn't start recruiting the neighborhood kids over to "play school" with her...or if she does, hopefully she'll put some more clothes on!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails