Friday, April 9, 2010

Lovin' on Lizards

Sometimes I look at Riley and marvel that she is my daughter. How could such a beautiful, smart little girl come from Dan and I? Or, on really bad days, I think....uh oh, we are going to have two of these.

Today was one of those days where I was thinking - where does she get this from? And then I remembered, her Dad! I have long been freaked out by all little critters from lizards and frogs to snakes and alligators. Not Riley. She can't get enough of them. So it should probably come as no surprise to me that she had adopted this "pet lizard" on our front porch. She would go out and say hi to him, want to touch him, and even managed to get pretty close to kissing him one day before I yanked her little head away.

We were outside, admiring the lizard for the millionth time that day when Dan came home from work. He announced that is was probably time to let the lizard go back into the wild, so to speak, so he could live and what-not. I didn't really see the point but Riley was psyched to have a chance to get up close and personal with the little guy. Here is the lizard lady in action.




1 comment:

HWK & NAK said...

Ms. Riley is just too pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails