Friday, July 3, 2009

Exercise

I don't like exercising. I hate sweating in particular and my face gets flushed the moment I start to heat up. Dan thinks he is getting fat. (Insert eye roll). He points to his belly where his 6-pack once resided. So, in effort to battle the "bulge" he is taking up an exercise routine. I say routine, but we will see as this was his first day back on the bandwagon.

Before Riley and I even rose from our slumber, Dan retreated to the garage for some push-ups and curls with the weights. Then, if that wasn't enough, he came in and told me he and Murphy were going for a run.

....Some time passes....

I hear Riley rustling in her crib and make my way over to the other side of the house, blinking back the sleep from my eyes. That's when I see it. Dan is sprawled out on his back near the front door. Without stopping, I ask if he is OK. His reply, "I think I'm having a heart attack." To which I say, "Alright, well, when you are done, can you take out the garbage?"

Dan has always been an active guy, playing rugby and other sports. But, as he is aging, his body is having a tough time making it around the lake twice. I can say all this from the comfort of my home...in the air conditioning. See, this is why I don't exercise.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails