Sunday, January 24, 2010

Changes Are A-Comin'

After the whole crib/mattress on the floor debacle, I set out the next morning in search for a toddler bed. After meeting up with "Missy" at Dunkin' Donuts, we headed over to the local consignment store, Once Upon a Child. While they did not have any toddler beds, the ladies working there were so kind and agreed to take my name down should one come in. While I was there, I also picked up an adorable wooden, giraffe child's chair for Ms. Riley.

After that, we met up with my Mom who had already scouted out a couple of other places in search for a white, wooden toddler bed. Finally, at BabiesRUs. we located what we needed and were on our way.
After Riley went to sleep (on the mattress, on the floor) my Mom and I began assembly in the living room. At first I was pretty hesitant about the whole thing but then my Mom reminded me, "You changed a lock yesterday, you can do anything." She was right, I didn't have to wait on Dan.

A short while and a few pounds of the rubber mallet, we had assembled the bed. Now we were just missing the key components - Riley and the mattress.

After sneaking in and taking a peak at Sleeping Beauty, we discovered her on the floor once again. That was enough for my Mimi to see as cries of child neglect came pouring out of her mouth. While she was sleeping, we brought in the bed, moved the mattress, and then placed Riley on the bed. Here she is in her full glory:




After that, we decided, why stop there? We then proceeded to take apart her entire crib in the room while she slept, and no, it couldn't fit through the door, I busted a tape measure out for that one. Riley was not roused by our swearing and banging and slept like an angel the whole way through. With the last piece being pulled from her room, she awoke to find her crib gone and that she was sleeping in her big girl bed! She seemed surprised but still happy.

Since then, we have had some interesting moments with the toddler bed. One night I watched on the video monitor as she she tossed and turned. Finally, the weight of her head caused her to topple over. It was hilarious I must say. She sat on the floor, confused and bewildered until I came in and placed her back in bed. During nap time one day, we discovered this:

I can laugh because I am her mother. :)

Last night she slept great in the bed, hopping quickly in it to go to sleep and not once falling our or relocating to another corner of the room. She is definitely getting bigger and bigger everyday, I can hardly believe it.

Next stop: Potty and Paci Land

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails