Saturday, June 11, 2011

For my Dad

I realize that I have mentioned my Mom quite a few times on this blog but rarely give my Dad his shout it -- so with today's celebration of his 55th birthday, I thought I'd compile a top-ten list.

10. I really do believe that my Dad can do anything. When we almost missed our flight to Italy on our honeymoon, I called my Dad to see if he could get the plane stopped. Evidently, my Mom thinks the same way because I could hear her yelling at him, "Do something Roger!"
9. He is also smart. Not so much with Internet searches and google, more like inventions and science.
8. He can pull of white pants and white shoes like no ones business. He is a sharp dresser - something that used to annoy me when I was younger but now I know that a blazer and jeans is really a good look.
7. He loves my kids. As in, would take me and Dan out so he and my Mom could have the girls all to themselves.
6. He has always been my biggest fan. Along with my Mom and Dan, I don't think there is anyone who is more proud of my accomplishments than he is.
5. He is just as obsessed about food as I am. We are the same, in that sense, and many others. We both wake up thinking about our meals for the day and go to bed thinking about the next day's menu.
4. He loves my Mom. He make her laugh like no one else.
3. He would literally take his shirt off of his back for his family or friends.
2. He is kind and generous.
1. They always say, you marry your father...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails