Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Birthday Letter: Reese's First Birthday

Dear Sweet Reesie Pie,
The night before your birthday, I sit in front of the computer, thinking of the words that can begin to summarize the love and sheer joy you have brought to our lives.
This time last year, your Dad and I were sitting in Perkins enjoying my "last meal" before your scheduled induction. You let your presence be known throughout my pancake meal by pushing and prodding through my belly -- my contractions were strong, just like you.
We waited all day to meet you that following day, a Wednesday to be exact. We watched your heartbeat on the monitor, and finally, you arrived.
I remember two things clearly in the first moment I saw your face. The first, was that any fears I had about being able to squeeze enough love for two girls in my heart was quickly put to rest. You were beautiful, looking at me, knowing that we belonged to each other. Second, I also remember thinking that your cute, little face fit your name quite perfectly.
You quickly gained your nickname, Reesie Pie, because you were simply that, sweet. Your love for us has always been returned in sweet nuzzles, hugs, giggle, and grins. In particular, your sister really lights up your life and one of your favorite spots to hang out is in her room. You are for sure a Momma's girl, even though Dadda was your first word.
Reese - we love your fearless attitude but understand that you want us close by. You are determined, as shown in your walking ability, to get what you want and have been known to let us know when that doesn't happen. You love to eat -- so far, the only thing we have figured out that you don't like is coleslaw. Your excited grunts and heavy breathing are always comical to those dining with us when you see a meal that you like.
Above all, Reese, you have completed our family of four. You have made our life that much more exciting as we have two girls to share it with. You have your sister, who hopefully will be not only your partner in crime, but your confidant, your best friend. We love you more than words could describe and are in awe of the love that you share with us each day. Thank you for choosing our family. Thank you for being our Reesie Pie.
Love,
Mommy, Daddy, and Riley











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails