Sunday, December 13, 2009

A New Language

All alone in the house and in the bathroom no less, quite a feat in my house I might add, I dropped my knotted necklace on the floor. Instinctively, I muttered, "Uh-oh."

I froze. Did I just say uh-oh? Did I just say uh-oh without a toddler in sight?

As I lathered up my dirty hair (again, alone time is hard to come by) I started thinking about the way my language has changed.

Daddy - I now call Dan, my loving hubby, Daddy. It freaks my brother out but I do it out of habit and also because I don't want Riley to start screaming around the house, "DAN!" Don't get me wrong, I don't call him Daddy when we are out on a date night or anything.

Yo-Yo - This is yogurt. I think it's pretty darn cute so I have also adopted this word into my vocabulary as well. I also take it a step further and write "yo-yo" on my grocery list.

Boo-Boo - This is pretty self-explanatory.

Ofie - Formerly known as the dog Murphy, Riley insists on calling him Ofie - so now I do too.

So, besides proving another case of mental instability, it further proves that stay-at-home Moms can get away with this - can you imagine if Dan went to work and said to Mr. Boss Man:

"Uh-oh, Daddy did a boo-boo on the spreadsheet."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails