Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas... and all that Jazz

As I sit in my bed, finally able to lift my head up from the whir that is Christmas, I am able to reflect on the past few days and how lucky we are - lucky and so very tired. It is exhausting when you think about it - all the eating,visiting, gift wrapping, shopping, giving, opening, assembling, you get the idea. But did I mention that I became sick on Christmas Eve? Yes, in the middle of the festivities at my parents house, complete with a 20 month old rocking around the Christmas tree at until 11 pm....there I was curled up on the leather couch with a monstrous headache.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Leading up to Christmas, Dan, my Dad, and our dear friend and OBGYN extraordinaire, Nik, assembled an awesome play set for Riley. It took them an entire day...but they sure did a great job.
We kept the surprise from Riley until Christmas morning, but it was sure worth the wait. The look on her face was priceless. Mr. & Mrs. Claus overloaded Riley with goodies..... Not to mention gifts from both sets of grandparents and aunts and uncles....

So, besides the crazy sickness, which by the way, Dan was a God-send, we had a wonderful and fun-filled Christmas....and matching Christmas jammies to boot!

3 comments:

Nancy Mason Devereaux said...

Jamie, I love your blog and your perspective on life! The spinning Christmas tree is a true classic that probably should be on a Christmas card, as you said. And Riley is just as precious as possible, I love the pink cowboy boots and the matching jammies.

Nancy ( Kelley's Mom)

JBW said...

Ahhh...thanks Nancy. I appreciate your comment and of course, for reading my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed your holidays.

Monica said...

I love Riley's expression as she slides down her new slide. We will have to get Taylor over soon for a play date. Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails