Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Good Day

This morning started off early - by 7:30 we were out of the house ready to have some breakfast at a local favorite, Teri's Cafe. Riley calmed down once she received some french toast. Daddy kept her busy with stacking creamers and applying stickers to her cup.


A whirlwind of errands followed: Home Depot, a friend's house, BabiesRUs, Costco
This is the Saturday morning of parents.

Riley was sufficiently on Costco overload and was crazy tired in the store. She fell asleep in the car and I successfully transferred her to the crib...ahhh...sweet success.

Nik and Kyle came over to visit. I worked on threading the needle and winding the bobbin on my sewing machine. After a few select curse words, I enlisted Kyle's help and he had it all set to go.


After quite a few more choice words with the machine, we had completed our (my) project, A UF skirt for Ms. Riley. I think she looked pretty darn cute. Who care that it's not perfect, right? I mean, she doesn't care!




Meanwhile, Nik and Dan carved some pumpkins and an ode to Elmo...



Kyle snuck in some quality time with Riley....




And I am going to enjoy some quality time by myself watching My Life in Ruins - the UF game and Hooters are calling Dan's name...















2 comments:

Monica said...

I love Riley's skirt!! I think it is so cute. Did you use a pattern? I have a sewing machine on my xmas list. I have no idea how to use one but figure I can have fun trying to teach myself. Or I can just say lots of choice words myself. =)

JBW said...

I didn't use a pattern - but I probably should have as that would have made it a bit easier. Sewing is the easier part - what really gets me is getting the thread on the needle and the bobbin. I hate it! I usually have my brother help me...ha ha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails