Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We are Family

This past weekend, we attempted once again, to take a family photo. Riley was none too pleased with us. If she could flip us the bird, I believe she would have done that as well. I guess she couldn't believe our audacity to:

a. Make her sit still for 2.3 seconds
b. Smile
c. Overcome her stranger danger fears
d. Request that she not run way screaming from the photo session

The photographer, who we have used at the Picture People numerous times, and who is very aware of Riley's aversions (please see list A-D) was able to quickly click seven photos.

We were pleasantly surprised that we got two decent pictures from the experience. And yes, I did make us dress in Fall colors. Dan hated Riley's outfit because he still insits that brown is not a Fall color, nor is the brown color, Fondue, that I presently have on painted on my toenails....I swear. Where does he come up with this stuff? Doesn't he know I am the coordinator of all photo ensembles? :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are cute! Riley still has that suspicious look going on. We need to have a family portrait done too. The last time we did it, Taylor was 14 months old and not walking yet!

Monica

Mommy K said...

I am just catching up on your blog. I love the top photo of the 3 of you. You look stunning, Jamie. David would have refused to be in a photo without shoes. I can just hear him now! :) Are you going to use this for Christmas cards? Wait, what am I saying? I am sure there is a Christmas ensemble planned. I, too, have something up my sleeve for our photo. However, Harrison suffers the same photo aversion as Riley. He has recently taken to making a face we refer to as the "Chippy Smile" where he make a buck-tooth smile and scrunches up his face. It's a good look, that's for sure.
K

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails