Thursday, August 20, 2009

Veggies

There aren't many moms out there who get really excited about serving veggies to their kids. Dinner time has sort of turned into torture time for me. Riley really refuses to eat any vegetables. Not just green, but all colors turn her off. While she does eat a lot of fruit, meat, and grains, I find myself obsessing (what else is new) about her daily intake.



At a point of desperation, I picked up Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious book. In it, there are tips and recipes for hiding the "good stuff" in with the regular meal. While I can't say that every meal has been successful, (Brownies with carrots and spinach were pretty bad. Comments I received were - Are these flour less? Is this Play Doh? What IS THIS?) some have worked out very well.



The Italian Meatloaf with a 1/2 cup of pureed carrots was the best meatloaf I have ever made. It was moist, flavorful, and Riley couldn't get enough.
http://www.oprah.com/recipe/food/recipesmeat/pkgjessicaseinfeldsdeceptivelydelicious/food_20070918_loaf

Dan was skeptical at first with all of my new creations. Even when I don't hide anything in it, he still asks, "So what did you put into it this time?"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails