Thursday, June 4, 2009

Riley's First Art Project

Riley was bored. I'm not sure if one year olds are supposed to get bored, but I really had the feeling she was...because I was too.


I busted out the construction paper and crayons ready for the artist's debut. After I carefully taped down the paper to her high chair tray, I strapped her in (because that is absolutely necessary because she is a wild woman) and we were ready to get the creative juices flowing.


Well, it didn't exactly work out like that.


I guess I was picturing a mini Picasso but Riley was more interested in laughing at her crayons and calling them "Dadda" than she was in actual coloring.

After I wrote her name and "13 months" on the paper and illustrated how to draw blocks of blue, red, green, and orange, I realized she really could have cared less. I had hoped that this little activity would have taken 15-30 minutes, but no chance with my little monkey. After a few minutes, Riley was ready to get down and move on to bigger and better things.


I am going to continue our afternoon crafting sessions. I'm thinking about play-doh tomorrow...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails