Thursday, September 8, 2011

Where is my family?

Riley loves to make up songs and then subsequently sing them in this deep, man-voice around the house. One of her favorites is to sing, "Where is my family?" song. A joy to a mother's ears. After grilling her during our pony-unicorn play therapy session, (Me, as the cheetah: I get grumpy when I don't get enough sleep. Riley, playing the Mommy Unicorn: Where is my baby?) we figured out that her "bird" is looking for his Mommy and Daddy. In her world, everyone of her animals is looking for their Mommy or Daddy. This excuse also comes in handy when she wants to pick up a baby lizard or stray cat. I say to her, "Now, we don't want to take them home, they might miss their Mommy and Daddy," of course I follow this up with, "Sometimes people have two Mommies or two Daddies or..." Dan then reminds me that after all, she is only three. Don't even get me started on the stranger danger talk.

While this video is long, it just makes me laugh. So enjoy, Mom.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails