Monday, September 19, 2011

What not to do.

I once read a list of parent mistakes that we should never make with our children. Out of the usual suspects, I read one that said you should never tell your child to "hurry up." Evidently, this conveys to the child that their time is not valuable and that rushing our children makes them feel like a failure...or some crap like that. If I never told Riley to hurry up, we honestly would never leave the house. We would be stuck in limbo - in that dangerous place where the garage seems really exciting and the car seat takes 57 minutes to maneuver any possible entrance.

On the list, I didn't see anything about vacuuming your children. I am almost sure they will have suction or cleanliness obsessions as adults, but, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. This is especially true after an almost 15 month old enjoys a messy cupcake. Little did I know she would like it so much....and so did big sister.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails