Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to School - Proud Moments

Last week brought three big changes to our house. Mommy works part time as a professor, Riley is in the 3 year old class at preschool and Reese is being looked after by a close family friend while Mommy and Riley at school. Everyone had a great first week and we are excited about the upcoming school year.

Morning of the first day of school for Mommy and Riley.
Riley and one of her teachers, Ms. Tami. We were lucky enough to get her for the second year in a row.


What makes it even better is that Riley and her best friend are in class together!
In contrast to last year, I left that little preschool classroom proud. Proud of my first-born as she looked confident and helped her friend adjust to the new surroundings - familiar to her this time around. I was so proud that I actually high-fived my friend as we left the room. I was proud that I let Riley wear her worn out, hand-me-down-from-her-cousin red dress and her non-matching pink, sparkly, light up shoes. I let go. It made her happy so I was too. Last year I was holding an almost newborn but this year, I confidently handed her off and strode off in my high-heels and working mom wear. I was proud that I was excited, not sad. I was excited not only about Riley's newest adventure but mine too. And you know what? I couldn't wait to see my kids when school let out and we picked up Reese. I loved on them a little more, used kinder words, and even made dinner. Now that's something to be proud of.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails