Saturday, October 23, 2010

Is there a doctor in the house?

It was one of those days. A day like any other, where I was half-crazed with too much caffeine and too little sleep. Riley was literally bouncing off the walls with boredom and I was not about to bust out of the house with a screaming infant (Reesie Pie hates the car) and a wild toddler (Riley hates to nap).



So, off to the closet I go.



In the closet, I have cleverly hidden toys - some that she has forgotten about and some she has never seen before. Riley received a Doctor Kit this past Christmas from her Aunt and Uncle but I never gave it to her thinking that she was a bit to young to "get it." Complete with ooohhhs and ahhhhs, I revealed...the Doctor Kit (complete with a giant TA DA!).



I showed her how to use all of the tools and she was off running.



Sometimes Riley packs up her kit and tells me she is going to work. Then she returns with an imaginary ice-cream. This part is puzzling.



Or, she'll follow me around the house asking, "You sick Mommy?" After a few times of, "Well, no, Riley, Mommy is not sick, Mommy is just tired. You see, I stay up late to do school work, and then Baby Reese gets up..."



"No Mommy, you sick?" As she holds up her pink medical kit.



After quite a few of Riley's "exams" I decided it was time to practice on a new patient - her baby sister. I say, whats better than a fragile baby to practice new medical skills on?



In the video, Riley is being quite patient with Reese. She even tells her, "You be a good girl, you get a milkshake." That's all me, I'm a briber. You will also notice Riley's "princess" dress. A friend of mine got Riley this dress for her birthday last year and she has been hell-bent on wearing it as of late; to bed, to the grocery store, to school, destination really doesn't matter as long as she can pair with it her leopard-print shoes. It's a classic style option for every two year old.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails