Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Conversations with a Two Year Old

I think it's amazng what comes out of Riley's mouth. She talks so much and when I say talk, I mean the type where she can't eat a meal or fall asleep at bedime type of talking. It's in the genes, I know, because I come from a long line of talkers. My Dad often jokes that he tries to break into conversations with me, my mom, aunts, and grandma, often without much success, just a few stutterd words. So it's no surprise to me that Riley is a talker. She also has such a vivid imagination and memory. She engages in pretend play with no prompting with her babies and animals and it's so funny what she rememebers from our conversations days ago that will come up during playtime.

Here is a long video (about 4 minutes) of Riley playing. (I'm not sure how many people will be interested in it besides my Mom but I posted it anyways!) The set-up for the video is that she had me, while I was holding a snoozing Reese, play tea-party while she arranged her babies. You will notice that she calls every baby, "Baby Calla." This is a friend's baby who Riley had the chance to meet shortly before Reese arrived. Since then, she has been slightly obsessed with Baby Calla, even calling her sister Calla and all of her babies have now adopted the name.

Enjoy (Mom!)


1 comment:

Monica said...

So cute! Riley's hair is so long. I loved the little (big) baby snores.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails