Thursday, August 26, 2010

8 weeks

It seems like the past 8 weeks have flown by in a blur. Between breastfeeding, diapering, burping, wiping, and rocking the bambino and trying to maintain order in a sometimes chaotic household, it has been a bit of a whirlwind.
Some things have remain unchanged despite the events of the past 8 weeks. Riley loves her some Baby Reese, as she calls her. Like, obsession type of love. Which is fine by me. Riley still fights me on nap time so getting the two of them to nap simultaneously is my daily struggle. I also try to use the Babywise method of Eat-Play-Sleep routine for Reese, like I did with Riley. Sometimes it works beautifully while other times I end up holding her through a nap just so I can catch some shut eye as well. I know that with practice, Reese will become a better napper. Speaking of sleep, Reese does remarkably well at night sleeping, only waking once around 3 or 4 am for a middle of the night drink. She has also mastered the fine art of smiling.

I have a hard time remembering what the early days with Riley were like. What I do remember is a lot of me looking at her. Watching her do tummy time, watching her sleep, looking at all of her features memorizing every eyelash and strand of hair. Obsession - this may be where Riley gets it from... With the second baby, things are so much different. There isn't much time to linger in the morning and watch the little one do her tummy time. Instead, Reese is sort of shuttled from room to room as Riley gets ready and I work to feed and supervise the never-ending toddler bonanza.
Maybe this will make Reese an easy-going child? One can only hope.

Just for fun, I've included a side-by-side comparison of Riley and Reese both at 8 weeks









Riley (Left)















Reese (Right)

1 comment:

Monica said...

I love that you have pics of both girls at the same age wearing the same outfit. They are both adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails