Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mental Note from St. Patty's

What is it about pregnancy that makes you forget things? You know, words like "park" and "allergy," and important things like appointments and what not.

In effort to keep some mental capacity, I need to remember all of the crazy things from today - St. Patty's Day.

Like the way Riley looked like a leprechaun - in her too short, too tight 18 month outfit that I squeezed her in because it was green.

How Riley likes everything at tumbling class, except for the tumbling part. But man, she can shake her groove thing.

Or, the way she started yelling "Daddy" at some random stranger at Chik-Fil-A. To her credit, he was dressed like Dan's usual work attire - dress shirt and khakis.

Even better, in the play area, she preferred to sit and observe the other kids.

How at nap time, after many attempts to get her to fall asleep I laid down with her on the floor. I know this is my daughter because she couldn't stop talking to me. Her mind must have been going wild with all the things she wanted say. Then, quite appropriately she would stop every so often and say, "I love Mommy," with her hands cupped around my face, followed by, "Boo-boos" as she pointed to my baby acne. Lovely.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails