Thursday, November 4, 2010

We love Daddy

Daddy had a hard day at work. We wanted to remind him how much we love him and appreciate all that he does for our family. So, what better way to show your admiration by making a big-ass sign for all to see?



I think so many Dads are un-sung heroes of a family; Quietly trudging off to work while Mommy and the little ones have pajama days, crafty afternoons, and playground adventures. Dealing with stress at work isn't fun. But, coming home to a squealing toddler does make it a bit better.

When I call Dan at work, one of the things he always says is, "I miss you guys."

We miss him too.

Dan has a way of speaking softly to Riley during a manic moment. He has a way of smiling at Reese and I watch in awe as both of their faces light up in unison.

I love that I married a man who is not just an awesome husband, but an equally awesome Dad. I knew that, too. I told him on or third date that he would be the father of my children.

Yet, amongst the stress of our day to day, we remember that we are lucky; Lucky to have a job, a home, food, and health. When so many people are in want of any of those things, we remember that beneath the bad days, are some really good ones.

1 comment:

Mommy K said...

Jamie--this is why I love you guys. Not everyone is like this. I, too, am thankful for my beautiful family, loving husband and friends like you. Love ya! K

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails